Why Does Product Value Field In Price Lists Show Incorrect Field Width?
(Doc ID 2395837.1)
Last updated on MAY 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The List of Value (LOV) window for the Product Value field on the Price List form is not displaying the correct width for the field. The product name and
description is getting truncated. For example the value set for the product attribute allows for 40 characters, but the LOV window is only
showing 10. The problem can be reproduced internally by Support using the following steps:
1) Create a value set 'XX_TEST_ITEM' with following specifications:
Format Validation: Char
Validation Type: Table
Application = Oracle Inventory
Table Name = MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_B
Where/Order By: where item_type='XXX' and ORGANIZATION_ID=fnd_profile.Value('QP_ORGANIZATION_ID') Order by segment1
2) Create a new attribute under the ITEM product context for Order Fulfillment PTE. Name the attribute TEST_ITEM and map to column
PRICING_ATTRIBUTE40. Assign the value set 'XX_TEST_ITEM' to this attribute.
3) Complete the setup by defining the attribute mapping for this attribute with User Value String "OE_ORDER_PUB.G_LINE.inventory_item_id".
4) Run Build Attribute Mapping Rules.
5) Navigate to Pricing > Price Lists > Price List Setup > Query any price list and enter a new line. Enter product context of 'Item' and attribute 'TEST ITEM'
Click on the LOV for product value and observe the field width for Product and Description is truncated.
Note: The problem is restricted to custom product attributes, for example if the 'Item Number' attribute is selected then the LOV display
is fine. The problem also occurs in the Define Modifiers form.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document