Performance: EEO Report Erroring Out after 2-3 Days of Running
Last updated on MAY 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP10 version, US HR Statutory Reporting EEO Reporting
EEO report is errored with the attached errors.
Steps to Setup and Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Do necessary setup required for EEO-1 reports.
BG Level setup:
1) Go to
Work Structures -> Organization -> Description -> Query your BG -> -> select Business Group -> Others -> EEO Report Details
Select 'Report Selection' field value as 'EEO1' from LOV and provide all field details in form
2) Go to Business Group -> Others -> Reporting Statuses
Add assignment statuses that need to be considered by the EEO-1 report. Only assignments with statuses listed in this form will be considered for reporting in EEO-1 report. Eg: Active Assignment
3) Go to Business Group -> Others -> Reporting Categories
Add assignment categories that need to be considered by the EEO-1 report. Only assignments with category listed in this form will be considered for reporting in EEO-1 report. Eg: Full Time - Regular.
Creation of Parent Entity and related setup:
1) Go to Work Structures -> Organization -> Description -> Query your BG
2) For this BG, create new organization classification 'Parent Entity' and save the form. Provide all required EIT extra information available.
GRE Level Setup:
1) Go to Work Structures -> Organization -> Description -> Query your BG -> Select GRE/Legal Entity -> Others -> Employer Identification -> Provide EIN Number in field 'Employer Identification Number'
2) Go to Work Structures -> Organization -> Description -> Query your BG -> Select GRE/Legal Entity -> Others -> EEO-1 Filing -> Provide all required details.
Location/Establishment Level Setup:
Following information is required at location level to include them in a hierarchy
1) Provide data Location Extra Information EITs (EEO1 Specific Data, EEO1/VETS Generic Data, etc...)
Creation of Hierarchy:
1) Go to Work Structures -> Generic Hierarchy
2) Create new hierarchy of Type 'Vets, EEO, AAP, OSHA, Multi Work Sites'
3) Add Parent Entity as BG for which 'Parent Entity' classification is created in earlier steps.
4) Add locations for which extra information is provided in earlier steps as Establishments under parent entity.
Creation of Jobs of EEO-1 category
1) Create Jobs in your BG.
2) Provide data in following navigation while creating Jobs Work Structures -> Jobs -> Description -> Query with Job Name -> Further Information -> EEO Category
Need to populate this field with EEO-1 category.
Employee and assignment level setup:
1) Employee should have Ethnic information:
Goto Person Form -> Query Person -> Others -> Extra Information ->US Ethnic Origin
Provide ethnic data in above navigation
2) Assignment should have status which is listed in BG Reporting Statuses(As explained BG Level setup section).
3) Assignment should have Category which is listed in BG Reporting Categories(As explained BG Level setup section).
4) Assignment should have Job defined which is of EEO-1 Type category.
5) Need to create salary for assignment using Salary Button on Assignment form.
For this test:
1. Create 3 locations and include them in hierarchy. Make sure Headquarters in Extra Information EIT is selected as 'No'
2. Create 2 to 3 employees in each of these locations.
3. Run "EEO Establishment Employment Listing (XML)" and sanity check the output.
Prior to below patch fix provided, Performance caused the report to run for 2-3 days and ended in error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms