Auto-processing Rule Tries To Use The 1st [REF:string, Which Links To The Closed Ticket
(Doc ID 2399481.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Email Center - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Setup and Configuration
1. Customer replies to an Email, which comes from an already closed ticket. This reply already contains a "Ref."-string, which inks to the initial, closed ticket.
2. Follow-up ticket will be created properly.
3. An automatic reply will be sent from the new ticket. This Email now contains 2 Ref.-strings in the subject line, the first still links to the 1st, closed ticket, the 2nd to the new ticket.
4. If customer now replies to this Email, another auto-processing rule shall update the new ticket to status "Email Center Update".
But this doesn't work, because the underlying auto-processing rule still tries to use the 1st Ref-string, which links to the closed ticket. The 2nd, relevant Ref. will be ignored and Email will be sent to inbox of agent.
Correct behavior would be to search for the LAST Ref. in subject line and use this one.
In case of several REF:-strings in subject line, it is wrong, to use the 1st one. Instead of this, always the last REF:-string is relevant.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Send the initial inbound email.
2. Auto-processing sends back an automatic reply, which informs customer about the new SR number.
3. Customer replies to this email, ticket will be set to “Email Center Update”.
4. Agent closes SR and sends closure notification to customer. Customer receives closure notification.
5. Customer replies to closure notification.
6. Auto-processing sends back an automatic reply, which informs customer about the SR number of the automatically created follow-up SR.
7. Now this reply contains 2 REF:-strings ([REF: 67473228366], [REF: 67475730700] ), the 1st still links to the old, closed SR, the second links to the new follow-up SR.
8. Customer replies to this email by sending some additional information for the follow-up ticket. Expectation: Follow-up SR will be set to “Email Center Update”.
But instead of this, it will be sent to inbox of original agent and follow-up SR remains untouched.
9. Furthermore, when agent opens this email, he sees, that it is linked to the initial, closed SR, which makes no sense,
because the email on which the customer has replied, has already been sent from the follow-up SR.
This means, that auto-processing has obviously tried to set the initial, closed SR to “Email Center Update” and this failed, because it is already closed.
So now neither auto-processing has worked, nor has the agent any chance, to associate this email to the correct SR. He could only resolve the email and the information will be lost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!