On Rapid Order Release Screen, You Can Not Edit Commodity Code if Qualifier Flexible Commodity Qualifier = NMFC Class
(Doc ID 2402510.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.7 to 6.4.3 [Release 6.3 to 6.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the Rapid Order Entry Screen, and when entering Ship Units, if the user selects Flexible Commodity Qualifier = NMFC Class (Default Value) and then saves the line a problem occurs if the Commodity Code needs to be edited. When trying to change the Commodity Code from say 70 to 60 and using the "Magnifying Glass" to search for values, the Commodities Finder opens up instead of the Commodity Code Finder. If the User instead of searching for the value enters 60 in the field and clicks save, an Invalid Value error is thrown since 60 is a valid NMFC Class Code, it is not a valid Commodity Code.
Steps to Replicate
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Rapid Order Manager layout copying public template
2. Default ‘Order Configuration’=SHIP_UNITS
3. Under ‘Enter Units to be Shipped’ grid , default Flexible Commodity Qualifier= NMFC_CLASS and FINISH
4. Use customized ML to create Rapid Order Release.
5. Add ship unit line including NMFC_CLASS=70.0
6. EDIT ship unit line just added and remove the Commodity Code and click finder glass to search other codes. It pulls up ‘Commodity finder’ screen whereas user is expected to see ‘NMFC Class Codes Finder’ screen.
7. Instead of search if user adds other valid NMFC value e.g 60.0 , it throws an error on Order commit saying invalid value because OTM is checking Commodity instead of NMFC class. This is the issue.
8. To fix the issue, user need to blank out Flexible Commodity Qualifier and re-select NMFC_CLASS so that Commodity Code aligns to search query.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document