Creating A New Validity Rule Does Not Use Organization Specific Primary Unit Of Measure When Deriving Inv Min And Max Quantities.
(Doc ID 2406658.1)
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Process Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Process Manufacturing Product Development - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, API Issues
Creating a new validity rule using the create_recipe_vr API or manually when copying a recipe, and when the product has a different primary unit of measure on Organization Items compared to Master Items, the code was not deriving the Inv Min and Inv Max quantities correctly, which could cause the validity rule to be considered invalid when trying to create a batch for certain quantities.
Table is GMD_RECIPE_VALIDITY_RULES. Column names are INV_MIN_QTY and INV_MAX_QTY.
The underlying problem results when logic does not use the organization-specific Primary Unit of measure of the item.
The problem only occurs when the inventory item has a primary unit of measure at the organization level which is different than the one defined in the master organization.
In addition, there was a related issue when creating a batch using the Product Output tab, even when the validity rule was correct.
No validity rule exists or
APP-GMD-81134: No validity rule exist for validity rule specified criteria
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Product development -> Recipe form.
2. Load an existing correct and working recipe to the form.
3. Create a new recipe using "Duplicate Record above" for the same organization. Save.
4. Click into validity rules. Data is defaulted, but Inv Min and Inv Max quantities are already wrong (Use help->examine to see values).
5. Try to create a batch using the Product tab on the form or 'PRODUCT' type in the API.
6. An error is returned that no validity rule exists.
1. Use create_recipe_vr API to create a new validity rule. The INV min and max quantity columns again are derived using the primary UOM from item record at master level.
Multiple recipe versions exist for an item. Each one has a Production validity rule, with values in minimum qty of 8955 and max quantity of 9045 LTR. Corresponding INV columns have exact same values as LTR is the primary UOM at organization level.
When attempting to create a batch using Product Output tab and entering quantity of 9000 LTR, the error appears. The 9000 LTR is converted and used as criteria to fetch validity rules, but it is converted to the primary uom at Master item level causing fetch to find no VR records. Of course, it did not require conversion in the first place since LTR is the organization level primary UOM.
1. Product Execution -> Create batch form.
2. Use Product Output tab and enter Quantity and UOM
3. Error appears - APP-GMD-81134: No validity rule exist for validity rule specified criteria.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot create batches via the form or API.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!