Award Approval History Page Not Showing Correct Information When Delegating Approval For Awards
(Doc ID 2410890.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.6 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Sourcing, Release 12.2.4 through 12.2.6, when an award approval notification is delegated to another user for final approval, there are two problems when viewing the details on the Award Approval History page:
1. The Action value for the approver on vacation shows as "Approved" - it should be showing as "Delegated".
2. The Approver Name value for the final approval is showing a blank (null) value - it should instead be showing the name of the delegated user who performed the approval on behalf of the approver who is on vacation.
Due to this issue, the award approval history is showing incorrectly and can be misleading to users who are viewing the award approval history.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in Sourcing Super User or Sourcing Buyer responsibility:
Setups in place:
a. Award approval is enabled using profile option PON: Enable Sourcing Award Approval
b. User C (<USER_C>) has a Vacation Rule defined to "Delegate your response" to User D (<USER_D>)
c. AME is being used for award approval.
1. The User A (<USER_A>) creates the award and it is submitted for approval.
2. The User B (<USER_B>) receives the notification, and selects Approve and Forward option, with the Forward-To employee set as User C (<USER_C>).
3. The User C (<USER_C>) logs in and does not receive a notification.
4. The User D (<USER_D>) logs in and sees the notification for award approval, that was sent by User B in Step 2 above. This is due to the vacation rule defined for User C (delegate User C's notifications to User D).
User D selects the Approve button from the notification.
5. The RFQ Award is now approved successfully. There is no problem with the actual award approval.
6. On the Award Approval History page, it shows the following:
Approver Name Action
User A Submitted
User B Approved and Forwarded
User C Approved
There are two problems with the data showing on the Award Approval History page:
A. The Action value for User C should show as "Delegated" instead of "Approved"
B. The Approver Name for the final approval should show the delegatee's user name (User D) instead of a blank/null value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document