Partial Pick Backorders All Orders For The SKU Even When BACKORDER_ON_EXCEPTION=CURRENT
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As documented in WMS Implementation Guide, users have setup BACKORDER_ON_EXCEPTION=CURRENT as form function parameter for the Order Picking.
But when users perform Partial Pick on the Mobile and click on the Load button, the system is backordering all the sales orders associated with the SKU instead of only the Current order against which the partial pick is being performed.
This form function parameter setup is not Honored
Expect the system should not backorder all the Orders associated with the SKU
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Performed the following test case internally (vislog05 - 12.2.6)
1. Created a new Item rs_avlot15 and assign to Org w1
2. Perform a Misc Receipt for Qty = 1 Ea , in CASE/C4-1-1- into 3 different LPNs - LPN355A, LPN356A, LPN357A. Then consolidated all the the 3 them into LPNXXX15
3. Perform a Misc Receipt for Qty = 30 Ea into LPN358A in CASE/C4-1-1-
4. Created SO 69721 for Qty = 25 and pick released it
5. Created SO 69722 for Qty = 5 and pick released it
5. Perform Order Picking and Task For Qty = 25 shows up.
6. Select LPN = LPNXXX15
7. Click on Load -> order picking is complete.
- Now the WMS Control shows a Task for Qty = 3 in Loaded status.
- Shipping Transactions form shows, line in "Released to Warehouse" status and requested qty = 3
- Shipping Transactions form shows, remaining quantity in "Backordered" for SO 69721 and the other SO 69722 is completely backordered
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms