Shipping Purge Concurrent Program Questions and Answers
(Doc ID 2416416.1)
Last updated on APRIL 25, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Have several questions in regards to the Shipping Purge Concurrent Program (WSHPURGE).
(Navigation: Shipping > Purge SRS).
Questions were answered by Shipping Development
1. How many tables does Shipping Purge affect in total when the parameter source system = All?
Dev Reply: Shipping Purge will delete the eligible data from the shipping tables corresponding to the source system.
If the source system is 'ALL', then the shipping records corresponding to the source codes 'OE','PO','WSH' in wsh_delivery_details will be considered to be purged.
2. To which column in which table do the parameters Creation Date From/To, Ship Date From/To map to?
Dev Reply: Creation_date column will be considered in the following tables:
WSH_TRIP_STOPS for the picked up TRIPS
WSH_DELIVERY_ASSIGNMENTS for the DELIVERY_DETAIL_IDs picked
WSH_DELIVERY_LEGS for the Deliveries Picked.
==> p_ship_date_from will pick Only the deliveries having initial_pickup_date greater than the parameter value and p_ship_date_to will pick Only the deliveries having initial_pickup_date less than the parameter value
3. How does Creation Date From/To parameter work? Suppose I give the value as '01-NOV-10' for both from and to, what records are eligible to purge ?
Dev Reply: Creation_date of the record in the above specified tables between the parameter values (from and to) will be picked up.
Eg: AND TRUNC(wnd.creation_date)
4. To which column does the parameter purge "In Transit" trips map to?
Dev Reply: p_purge_intransit_trips Decides whether to purge In Transit Trips or not. In this case, it will consider both the closed and In Transit Trips.
5. When the source system is 'All' or 'Order Management', why does Shipping Purge not purge data from OE tables?
It purges data only from shipping tables. When I saw the API (wsh_purge.process_purge ) that the program calls, it has delete statements
for only wsh tables and not for OE or PO.
Dev Reply: Shipping purge program is to purge Shipping data for which order header/lines are already purged.
6. Why does Shipping purge purge data for Open orders i.e when STATUS_CODE column = 'OP'?
Dev Reply: Program must be purging orphan/empty open deliveries but not associated with open orders.
7. When using Shipping purge we would like to backup/archive the data before purging.
Does Oracle have any standard SCRIPTS or concurrent programs for archiving the data before purge?
Dev Reply: There is no archive option for the purged data. User can view the data to be purged (using View option) before actually purging the data but there is no backup or archive for the purged data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document