Beneficiary Changes are Restored Incorrectly After Reprocessing a Life Event
(Doc ID 2416949.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An employee has made Beneficiary designations already as part of open enrollment, primary designation 100% on a family member (Spouse).
After open enrolment, the employee will go to Current Benefits page, and update the Beneficiary designation to split between 2 family members (Spouse 50% and Child 50%).
Now HR, goes in to back out and re-process the Open event for some other reason.
The Beneficiary designations are showing as 150% for the first family member (adding up the percentages) and 50% for the second member.
Expect the designations to retain the changes made by the employee and to not exceed 100% at anytime.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to responsibility US Super HRMS Manager.
2. Navigate to People > Benefits Service Center and query an employee.
3. Process the Open life event for 01-JAN-2018.
4. Enroll in benefits that allow for beneficiary designation and designate a Spouse as the Primary for 100%.
5. Close the Open life event.
6. Go to responsibility Employee Self-Service > Benefits on a later date.
7. Update the beneficiary designations to Spouse = Primary 50% and Child1 = Primary 50%.
8. Back-out and reprocess the Open life event for 01-JAN-2018.
Spouse shows Primary at 150% and Child1 shows Primary at 50%.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!