Self Service Benefits Page Updating Dependent Information In Correction Mode Rather Than Update Mode
(Doc ID 2417299.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP10 version, Self Service Benefits
When users update the student status information for their dependents in Benefit Self Service, it updates the information in 'Correction' mode rather than 'Update' mode.
ie - It does not generate an effective-dated person record and end-date the previous record.
Instead it takes the most recent record and directly updates that record.
Expect the system to correctly recalculate the benefit allocation and rates to employee's payroll record as of the correct date - when the change is made.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee has a contact who currently is a 'Full-Time Student' as defined in Extra Person Information
- Latest person record has an effective_start_date several years back.
2. In SSBen Dependent page, change Student code to 'Part-Time Student' or any other status than currently exists.
3. Review Person Extra Information - change was made to the latest record
- Expected a new person record to be created as of the effective date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!