Without Advanced Product Catalog, Product Hub (APC/EGO) Installed, EGO_ITEM_PUB.Process_item Or MTL_ITEMS_INTERFACE Create Item But No Template If Pass Template Name (Only When EGO NOT Installed)
(Doc ID 2431359.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Advanced Product Catalog / Product Hub (APC/PDH/PIM/EGO)
The programmatic interface (API) EGO_ITEM_PUB.Process_item creates item successfully but does not apply the template if passing the item catalog (ICC).
Also the MTL_ITEMS_INTERFACE also fails if use the template name instead of template id.
Note that passing the template name (works passing the id).
Advanced Product Catalog (APC/EGO/PIM/PDH) is not installed.
There is no error at all.
WHAT IS WORKING
Works fine if create item through form with specified template.
2) Works fine if create item through MTL interface with specified template id.
3) The API applies the template when not passing ITEM_CATALOG_GROUP_ID.
4) The API applies the template when not passing ITEM_CATALOG_GROUP_ID but including the template id.
5) The API successfully creates the item, but just does not apply the template.
1. Run API EGO_ITEM_PUB.Process_item.
2. See item created.
3. See template attributes not applied.
Apply item template manually for each and every item through form. Or apply template via interface but do not currently use interface.
It was working before the following changes:
1) Applied RPC5 Patch
2) Upgraded database from 11g to 12c
3) Migrated platform from Solaris to Linux.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!