TeleService: Serial Number Being Populated Incorrectly In Field 'Item To Be Returned'
(Doc ID 2437899.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the OAF Charges page, the primary Serial Number is being populated in the Item to be Returned field for Charges that are not related to Serialized products.
This only occurs if the primary product on the Service Request is covered by a Service Contract.
When this does occur, it causes an issue where the form will give a "Stale Data" error if further updates are attempted on the Charge Line.
This behavior does not occur in the TeleService form.
Unable to perform transaction on the record.
Cause: The record contains stale data. The record has been modified by another user.
Action: Cancel the transaction and re-query the record to get the new data.
(R) Customer Support Specialist
(N) Agent Dashboard
- Create a Service request using a Serial Number that has an Active Service Contract associated with it.
- Charges and Service Logistics
- Create an Actual Charge
- Add a Shipping Service Activity
- Add a non-serialized item to the charge.
- Save the Charge.
- Reopen the Charge and the Primary Serial Number for the SR will be populated in the Item to be Returned / Serial Number Field.
- Attempt to add the Primary SR Serial Number as the Parent Serial Number and Save
- The Stale Data message will appear.
Repeat these steps using a Serial Number that does not have an associated Active Service Contract.
The Serial Number field in the Item To Be Returned section will be null and the error will not occur when populating the Serial Number field in the Parent section.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document