Is There Any Way To Common The Auto Created BOMs Across Inventory Organizations? -- Yes But Extension With Business Events...
(Doc ID 2447571.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is there any way as bills (BOMs) are created to common them across inventory organizations?
Here is the process followed to create a Autocreated Star (*) item:
1. Created Model BOM in Engineering Org and did common BOM to manufacturing Orgs.
2. Created Option class BOMs in Engineering org and did common BOM to manufacturing Orgs.
3. Created routings in each of the Manufacturing orgs.
4. The routings are Option dependent routings and are linked to Model BOM definition in each Org.
* Common BOM allows to update Operation sequence in manufacturing org. So we updated the BOM after doing common.
5. Created Sales Order and selected a Warehouse (org1) on the SO line.
6. Selected different Options in option classes and Booked sales order.
7. Progressed the order to create * items.
Queried star (*) items in Bill of material forms, but the star (*) items are created in Engineering Org and manufacturing orgs separately. It did not create a Common BOM from Engineering org. It created separate BOM in each org (all Orgs have same structure). User can go to any org and change the definition of star item.
Looking for option to create the star (*) item in the Engineering org and common it to all orgs during Autocreate Config item process.
This will avoid issues of users changing star items in manufacturing organizations.
1. Engineering organization is not Sales validation organization.
2. We do not use Oracle configurator.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document