CREATE DOC Open Document Link In Workflow Notifications Fails Intermittently
(Doc ID 2451529.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Application Object Library - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Forms for App Technology
When attempting to open a WF notification document from the Home page and opening a second one the issue occurs.
JWS pop up shows and then disappears and document form never opens.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle as user “xxxxx” (user w/ JWF enabled).
2. From Home page, select a PO Approval notification from the Worklist
3. User clicks the notification for PO 123456. The notification opens and displays the Open Document link
4. User clicks the Open Document link. The Java window is briefly displayed. Then the Navigator and Responsibilities windows open
5. User selects the responsibility “COL Purchasing – Super User” and clicks OK. The Notifications to Purchase Orders form opens and displays the data for PO# 123456
6. User goes back to the Home page and attempts to view another Workflow notification, this time for a different notification in the worklist (PO# 123456).
7. The notification opens and displays the Open Document link.
8. The user clicks the Open Document link. This time the Java window opens and the three periods “…” blink. Then the Java window closes and the Notifications to Purchase Orders window never opens.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot Open a WF notification and then open another one by going back to the Home page and clicking another notification
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document