'Change Organization' Not Changing Org When Moving From PIM To BOM
(Doc ID 2454158.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, EGO.D.5, Current INV Rollup: R12.1+ INV RUP 5 (14586882)
In a seeded responsibility 'Product Information Management Data Librarian' with Oracle's seeded menu and seeded function 'Change Organization', changing the organization will not effectively change the org in the forms. This is the only responsibility that exhibits this behavior; in all other responsibilities, Change Organization works as expected.
Expect the change of organization to be effective in forms also when the organization is changed in PIM using the seeded function 'Change Organization'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. (N) PIM Data Librarian responsibility
2. Manufacturing BOM Management > Create Structure
3. Choose the organization as XYZ
4. Bills of Material form opens in XYZ organization
5. Close the form
6. Click "Change Organization" menu to change the org.
7. Choose organization = ABC this time
7. Now open Manufacturing BOM Management > Create Structure form
8. Bills of Material form opens in XYZ organization instead of ABC organization
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document