Simple Search Navigation using 'View in Hierarchy' not Responding as Expected
(Doc ID 2456397.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Configurator Developer - Version 12.1.2 and later
Oracle Configurator - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.2 version, Repository
When using the Simple Search functionality in the Runtime within a Generic UI, the 'View in Hierarchy' link is not working as expected. After drilling down a couple of levels (using the Focus tool) to make a selection and then doing a Search, the 'View in Hierarchy' icon takes the screen back to the last selection as opposed to going to where the (unrelated) item that was searched is in the model.
This is a Non-Published model using the HTML Hierarchical Table Generic UI type.
Expect it to always link to the View in Hierarchy when accessing that link.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Order Management responsibility
2. Open a sales order with a model on the sales order line
3. Click on the Configurator button
4. In the Runtime, focus on an option class and then on a child option class
5. Make a selection from the last option class
6. Click on the 'Simple Search' button from this screen and enter an item that is not in the path for the selection in #5
8. When the item is found from the Search, click on the 'View in Hierarchy' icon
9. Screen returns to where the selection was made in #5 as opposed to showing where the searched item is in the model structure
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document