R12/IBY: Special Characters Inserted into Start of Payment File
(Doc ID 2457424.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.2.4 and later
Oracle Payments - Version 12.2.4 and later
BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 10.1.3.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are special characters being inserted into the start of the payment file that can only be seen through a hex editor.
The Format Payment Instructions request is not ending in warning.
1. Submit payment using custom template
2. Process payment through Formatting stage
3. In concurrent request history, click View Output for Format Payment Instructions
4. Download the file locally
5. View the file in a hex editor and observe special characters:
0xEF 0xBB 0xBF
Employees need to manually delete the special characters from payment files prior to transfer to the bank to ensure they can be processed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document