Handheld Device Is Not Showing Seeded Transportation Management (OTM) Warning Message In Mobile Quick Ship Screen
(Doc ID 2463900.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OTM: Oracle Transportation Management
WMS_OTM_DEL_AWAIT: This is the message on mobile > Delivery is awaiting a response from Transportation Management, Delivery will be ignored for planning
WSH_OTM_DEL_AWAIT_TRIP : This is a similar message received in Shipping forms (not mobile) > Delivery is waiting for trip updates from Transportation Management
Handheld Device is not showing seeded warning message in Quick Ship screen the trip being created from transportation management (OTM).
* This works on Telnet with the same user but not the handheld device.
* The organization is OTM Enabled and user is trying to Ship Confirm using the Quick Ship screen using Mobile Supply Chain Application (MSCA) handheld device.
WHAT IS WORKING
1. This works on the telnet without issue. The user gets the message immediately upon entering the delivery number and pressing enter.
2. A message also appears if the user ships on the Forms, not using mobile.
* The issue only occurs using the handheld mobile device.
Blank page... The user saw a blank page on the device when hitting enter after the delivery number was entered. Hitting enter again on the blank screen showed the delivery and weight and the user would hit done and complete the shipment.
Expect to see warning message saying trips have to be created from transportation management (OTM).
User should have option to proceed or cancel.
The message expected is that the delivery is pending with Transportation Management:
There is also choices for proceed or cancel: Proceed or Cancel?
Message code: WMS_OTM_DEL_AWAIT
Note: There is a similar message that works in the Shipping forms.The exception message code is WSH_OTM_DEL_AWAIT_TRIP / Delivery is waiting for trip updates from Transportation Management
Here is the full text of the Shipping (WSH) form message:
Create or update transaction has been sent to Transportation Management or trip configuration has changed for delivery &DELIVERY_NAME now awaiting for trip updates.
If this exception is set to error, ship confirmation cannot be completed before receiving an updated trip from Transportation Management. If this exception is set to warning or information
, the following will occur:
- Delivery is assigned to a trip: ship confirmation will be performed normally as if no update is expected from Transportation Management.
- Delivery is not assigned to a trip: ship confirmation of this delivery will ignore it for planning
* Can replicate the issue only on the hand-held, not on telnet.
1. Navigate to Mobile Supply Chain Application (MSCA) using handheld device > Shipping > Quick Ship
2. Enter the delivery number.
3. Press Enter.
4. A blank screen appears.
* This should be the message about Transportation Management but it is not visible even if you press Control-B (that should show message but does not.)
* The message appears fine here on the telnet, but not the physical mobile device.
5. Press enter.
6. See the delivery number and weight.
7. Choose Done.
8. The transaction saves.
** Expect to get a warning first about Transportation Management.
Due to this issue, users cannot see the warning message using MSCA handheld device
Based on warning, user takes some action manually. Without warning, get no indication that has to do manual action.
Shipping should not be stopped but warning message should appear so do the manual action.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document