Approval History Displays Incorrectly When Using PO_CHANGE_API1_S.update_po
(Doc ID 2480429.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the API PO_CHANGE_API1_S.update_po, the approval history is shown differently than if it was performed via the application for the same PO.
|5||1||Approve||Change Requester's Superior|
|4||1||Approve||Change Requester's Superior|
|3||1||Submit||Change Requester's Superior|
As shown above - When using the API, the user who submits the change request is not recorded in the approval history.
The expectation is that when a change is made via the API, that the approval history is recorded the same as if it had been carried out via the application.
Steps to Reproduce
Steps from Application:
1. Make a change to a PO from core forms (change the quantity) and save
2. Resubmit for approval and the Approval status changes to In Process
3. Approve the PO changes
4. Check the PO action history and it shows the Forward action as expected
Steps with API:
1. Execute the PO_CHANGE_API1_S.update_po API
2. Check the PO Action history and no forward action was recorded and only the Change Requester's Superior shows
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document