Row 3 Error - Total Percentage Specified For This Beneficiary Type Exceeds 100
(Doc ID 2481614.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When backing out/reinstating Open Enrollment after having subsequent beneficiary designations, seeing error shown below.
Row 3 error - Total percentage specified for this beneficiary type exceeds 100
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Process a New Hire life event on 04-Apr-2016.
2. Enroll into plan enrollment - example - Basic Life enrollment - 1X Compensation.
3. Designate Beneficiary - Spouse as Primary with 100%.
4. Close the New Hire life event and process the Open life event for 01-Jan-2017 on 01-Nov-2016.
5. Enroll into Basic Life enrollment - 1X Compensation again.
6. Close the Open life event.
7. Navigate to Self Service > Benefits and click on Update Beneficiary.
Designations on 31-May-2018
Spouse - Primary - 50%
Child1 - Primary - 50%
Child2 - Contingent - 100%
8. Go back to the Benefits Service Center form, back out the Open life event to Unprocessed status and go to Enrollment Results > Designee and observe that the Child1, Child2 and Spouse are designated though the Open life event is backed out.
9. Reprocess the Open life event and see that all the Beneficiaries are attempting to reinstate as of 01-Nov-2016 instead of the 31-May-2018.
- This causes the error as shown.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document