Serial Tagging For Return to Vendor - Cannot Use The Same Serial Number More Than Once
(Doc ID 2484026.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For an item that is setup as serial tagged, a Return to Vendor transaction is performed as the item needs repair. Then the item is received back in from the vendor once the repair is complete. However it is identified that the same item/serial number needs to be returned to the vendor again for additional repair. When trying to perform the second Return to Vendor using the same serial number, the following error occurs.
Serial Number XXX for item YYY has already exists. Serial state 'Issued out of stores' disallows this transaction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Purchase order for one Line for an item using Serial Tagging for Return to Vendor Transactions.
2. Receive the line. As expected it does not require a serial number.
3. Perform a Return to Vendor. Since the item is setup as serial tagged for Return to Vendor transactions, a serial number is required.
4. Again receive the same item. As expected it does not require a serial number.
5. Identify that the same item/serial needs to be returned to the vendor again.
6. Perform the Return to Vendor Transaction. Since the item is setup as serial tagged for Return to Vendor transactions, a serial number is required.
However when trying to enter the same serial number, the error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document