Charge Account Is Not Defaulting on Purchase Requisitions, When Ledger of the Operating Unit Where Requisition is Created and Ledger From the Employee Defintion of the Requester Are Not the Same
(Doc ID 2484820.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.1 to 12.2.8 [Release 12.2]
Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.2.1 to 12.2.8 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new Purchase Requisition (PR) with one time item (just category) is created, charge account is not defaulting based on the account entered at the employee definition of the requester and
expense account rules.
This issue exists only when Ledger of the Operating Unit (OU) where PR is created and Ledger set at the employee definition of the requester are different. Both ledgers are using same
chart of accounts.
Issue exists also when PR is created in IProcurement or Requisition Entry form.
Steps to reproduce
1. Go to Human Resources responsibility > People > Enter and Maintain > search for employee of the requester
2. Press on Assignment > Purchase order information > set ledger = 'Ledger A' > enter specific account
3. Go to Purchasing responsibility > Setup > Organizations > Organization
4. Search for the organization of the operating unit where PR is created
5. In Operating Unit Classification, ledger is set to 'Ledger B'
6. In Purchasing responsibility go to Setup > Financials > Accounting > Expense Account Rules
7. Set the expense rules for category used on the PR
8. Go to Purchasing responsibility > Requisitions > Requisitions > OU defaults to the one checked in point 5
9. Enter line details > use same category where expanse account rules were defined as per point 6
10. Go to Distribution > press on charge account > no account is defaulting
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document