Prospective Supplier Registration Issue.
(Doc ID 2491776.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Release: 12.1.3 version, Supplier Registration Issues
When attempting to Register a New Supplier/Vendor "ABC 123" And adding the mandatory (3) pdfs files,
the System hangs up causing an error: "You have encountered an unexpected error. please contact the system administrator for assistance”
And Not wanting to Lose the data already entered the user tries to push forward, resulting in access another Supplier Registration data.
Users expect to complete the New Supplier/vendor registration without the System hanging.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Try to Register New Supplier/Vendor: "ABC 123" ->> Connect to External "Prospective Supplier Registration"
2) Enter Company Information.
3) Entered Bank and Contact information.
4) Attachments ->> Upload mandatory documents (3) Pdfs, Click: "Submit" Systems takes a few minute to response.
5) Receive Error: "You have encountered an unexpected error. please contact the system administrator for assistance”
6) Since it took me a while to complete, I tried to "GO back in the browser, as I noticed a “Save and come back later” button.
somewhere and I did not want to loose all the info already submitted.
7) I go back to the screen with the “Save and come back later” button, I press it and get an error message stating something like you cannot,
use the back buttons and the browser needs to be refreshed.
8) So, I try to refresh the browser (pressed F5) and somehow get to the "Z Company" - Prospective Supplier Registration: Current Status ->>
Registration Details and Status page.
9) User should not see this page or have access to this information as it is for different Supplier.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot complete New Supplier/vendor Registration without System Hanging, and accessing other Supplier/Vendor data/
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document