Requisition Text attachments From Workflow Notifications Show Incorrect Formatting (No Carriage Return) When Viewed With Notepad
(Doc ID 2492336.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.8 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.8 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the images below and/or the attached document, user details / company name / address / email / telephone number represent a fictitious sample (based upon made up data used in the Oracle Demo Vision instance).
Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and not intended in any manner.
Requisition Text attachment templates are displayed without new line/carriage return delimitation. All lines show lumped together in a single line.
When opened from the approval workflow notification and notepad (default text viewer) is launched, the attachment information is displayed as:
Now, if a different text viewer is chosen (like wordpad for instance), the same text attachment is displayed as:
Justification#2 <Insert Text Here>
Steps to reproduce:
1. Define the attachment template in PO Resp > Setup > Attachments
Title: Approval Justification MS
Data Type: Long Text
2. Add Attachment template to the requisition in iProc Resp > Requisitions tab > Requisitions
3. Under Requisition Attachments click "Add Attachment" and choose "From Document Catalog" from the Add attachment list
4. Submit requisition for approval and have approver click the attachment name in the notification (i.e.: Approval Justification MS)
5. If default viewer is Notapad the attachment text will show all its content in one continuous line
If default viewer is another viewer the text will be displayed correctly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document