Splitting A Sales Order, Already Having A Work Order (job) Linked, Gives Incorrect Dates On Demand/Reservations
(Doc ID 2502564.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Splitting a sales order, already having a work order (job) linked, gives incorrect dates.
Expect requirement dates to be updated on supply/demand when split order and update new dates.
1. Create a sales order, seen as a "call off", a job (work order) is created for the full quantity for a date in the future.
2. Split the original sales order line
3. Set a new (earlier) schedule ship date.
4. Review the dates in "Item Supply/Demand"
5. See the original schedule ship date from the original sales order line.
* Field called 'REQUIREMENT_DATE' (block 'W_RESERVATIONS', table 'WIP_RESERVATIONS_V') that for all sales order lines shows the original schedule ship date.
Since the requirement date of the order was set to the future, expect the dates on the reservation/demand also updated to correctly reflect when material is needed.
If the dates are not updated, the system will think material is needed sooner and it could result in incorrect buy/make decisions.
Split line on sales order after order was initially created. Change date on new lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document