Find That a Negative Unit Selling Price Is Present on a Sales Order Even Though Profile Option "OM: Negative Price" Is Set to "No"
(Doc ID 2502706.1)
Last updated on MAY 01, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that a negative Unit Selling Price is present on a sales order
even though profile option OM: Negative Price is set to No.
Expects an error message when the price is driven negative.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Oracle Pricing Manager
2. Navigate to: Modifier > Modifier Setup
3. Query Discount Modifier = Routing File Discount
application method: Amount value:0
4. Responsibility: Oracle Pricing Manager
5. Navigate to: Price Lists > Price List Setup
6. Query Pricelist for Item = 123456 unit price: 50.00
7. Responsibility: Order Management Super User (or equivalent)
8.. Navigate to: Orders, Returns > Sales Orders
9. Query Sales Order, Line for Item 123456
10. Apply discount modifier on the order line
Unit List Price: 50.00
Unit Selling Price: 20.00
manual modifier used has list line: 164510, amount reduced: 30
11. Book and Pick-release the Order
12. Change the price of the item before Shipping
Navigate to: Pricing > Price Lists > Price List Setup
Query Price list
Update Item 123456, changed unit price: 50.00 to unit price: 20.00. Save.
updated the value of the price list line from 50 to 20.
13. Ship the order and the re-pricing should take place
Even after setting the profile option “OM: Negative Pricing” to NO, the repricing at Shipping
drove the final price to be Negative after the modifier was applied on the new price
Unit List Price: 20.00
* Unit Selling Price: -10.00
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document