Serial Number Tagging is not Working with WIP Issue Transactions for WIP Jobs
(Doc ID 2502712.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Serial Number Tagging, serial numbers for WIP Issue Transactions are not issued to the WIP Job.
When using Serial Number Tagging, serial numbers for WIP Issue Transactions must be issued to the WiP Job.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Inventory responsibility,navigate to Setup-> Organizations-> Organization Parameters
2. Set Serial Control Uniqueness as "Within Inventory Item model and items"
3. Navigate to Master Item form and perfom the following actions:
a. Query Top Assembly 123 > Select Inventory tab > Serial Tagging Assignments, Enable Serial Tagging Assignment – Actions > Serial Tagging Assignment > WIP Issue
ACTIONS>SERIAL TAGGING ASSIGNMENT>WIP ISSUE
Transaction Types WIP Issue and Return To Vendor
b. Query Subassembly123 and enable Serial Tagging Assignment
c. Query Component123 and enable Serial Tagging Assignment
d. Assign the items to corresponding organizations.
Enable Serial Tagging Assignment at Org Level for the items
4. Action Assignments-> Serial Tagging Assignments
5. Organization Attributes:
a. Attributes - ALL TEST ITEMS Serial
b. Control = No Control Lot
c. control = Full Control
6. Enable Serial Number Tagging at Organization
7. Create Org/Discrete Job MFG / Subassembly123 for Top Assembly123 for assembly Subassemby123
8. Issue Component123 to the Job
9. Responsibility = Work In Process (WIP)
Navigation = Material Transactions-> WIP Material Transactions
10. Specific Component-> Continue-> Press Lot/Serial button
11. Choose Lots to Assign to Job
12. During the WIP Issue Transaction, system should prompt for Serial Number of the Serial Tagging Assignment enabled Component. This is not happening
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document