WIP Return Transaction Is Costed With Project Cost Group Even Though It Is Not To Project Locator
(Doc ID 2507029.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Project Manufacturing - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When project locator is set on WIP Material Transactions Header form, project cost group is used for WIP return transaction even though non-project locator is provided on transaction line form.
Project cost group for sub-inventory is used.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Define Project Cost Group in Project Parameter form.
- Define bill for assembly and associate component which has the following attribute;
Supply Type = Push
Supply Locator = Non-Project locator
- Create a discrete job and associate project to it.
- Create WIP issue transaction for push component. It is pulled from non-project locator based on bill definition.
- On WIP Material Transaction header form, create WIP return transaction as below;
Transaction Type: WIP Return
Locator: Project Locator
All Materials : Y
- On WIP Material Transaction line form, set non-project locator for component.
- Go to On-Hand Quantity form, and query component item. Then it is observed that project cost group is associated to the inventory.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document