UK: Average Earnings (AWE) Amount Calculated Incorrectly
(Doc ID 2516249.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Average Earnings Amount calculated incorrectly when enough payroll periods
not present to calculate the start of relevant period correctly.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. New Entrant was set up with a start date of 01/07/2017.
2. For example: An Annual Salary of £26000 was applied.
3. Quick Pays were run from July 2017 - December 2017.
4. Maternity record was then set up and Maternity Leave started on 01 JAN 2018.
5. After clicking the Statutory Payments button an Average Earnings figure of £541.67 was displayed.
6. The following overrides were carried out to populate the SMP Entries:
Late absence notification
7. Quick Pay for January 2018 run.
8. Expected that the Average Earnings Amount should have been calculated as follows:
Qualifying Week 17th Sept 2017
July 17 and August 17 salary used for Average Earnings calculation.
£2166.67 + £2166.67 = £4333.64 * 6 = £26000.04 / 52 = £500.00
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document