Unable to Create Journal Uploads on Multiple Worksheets in Excel for Multiple Ledgers
(Doc ID 2521123.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Applications Desktop Integrator - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Journal Import
Web ADI for Journal Entry Upload
Since a recent upgrade from 12.2.4 to 12.2.7, currently unable to create journal entry uploads on multiple worksheets in Excel to multiple ledgers, as was possible prior to the upgrade. This now requires to export an upload template file for each ledger. This is cumbersome when similar entries need to be made to multiple ledgers. The only worksheet accepted (and for which the Web ADI ribbon tab is active) is the system-generated worksheet.
The previous template used to be able to accommodate the Web ADI functionality across multiple worksheets. In other words, the Oracle tab in Excel was active across multiple worksheets, so journal entries were prepared across multiple ledgers within the same workbooks. Currently, the tab disappears outside of the seeded worksheet upon template creation. Meaning that only worksheet can be used to prepare journal entries within the same file, and multiple files are needed for journal entries to multiple ledgers.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Select Launch Journal Wizard under GL Process -> Journal
2. Select the journal entry template and hit Create Document
3. Click Create
4. Excel template is generated.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to generate new template for a different ledger
6. On the newly created template, copy the sheet to the first template generated.
7. On the original template where we copied the newly created template, notice that the Oracle tab is missing on the copied tab (WebADI (2))
Upgraded from 12.2.4 to 12.2.7
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document