Asset Adjustment After a Period of Addition Reclass or Transfer Transaction Creates a New 'B' Row in FA_DEPRN_DETAIL
(Doc ID 2527876.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find an extra 'B' or Books row is created in FA_DERN_DETAILS for asset which have period of addition activity that includes
- Change to distribution id such as a Transfer or Reclass
- Some financial impacting Asset Adjustment (ie change cost, salvage value, method, life, etc)
This causes invalid values for Depreciation Reserve and YTD Depreciation
Perform the following transactions on the asset in the period of addition:
In Oracle Assets, M: Asset>Asset Workbench
1. Add an asset with back-dated DPIS
2. Perform adjustment which modifies the distribution id ex. Transfer or Reclass
3. Adjust the asset financial values
4. Run depreciation program & find 2 rows in fa_deprn_details where only 1 is expected
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Still Have Questions?|