WIP Assembly Completion Creates Extra Component Instances While Component Is a Lot Control Only Item
(Doc ID 2531224.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is a lot control but no serial control components in a job, when
there are more than one WIP components for this item before WIP assembly
completion. WIP assembly completion will create extra WIP component which
later cause the
'Multiple active instances found for the item attributes provided'
Here is example
Set up BOM as following
snlot_item1 (serial at receipt, full lot control)
|_lot_items (no serial control, full lot control)
1. Create a discrete job with quantity = 8
2. Issue quantity = 4 of lot_items from two lot numbers (2 each) to the job.
3. Two WIP instances were created with different lot_number qty = 2 and
same WIP job ID
4. Do an WIP assembly completion with quantity = 1
5. After interface, now there are three instances with the same WIP job ID
two are exact same lot
WIP assembly completion create an extra WIP job
6. Do another WIP issue transaction to this job with this item, then there
will be an error 'Multiple active instance...'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document