WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD Trigger In Forms Personalization Doesn't Work As Expected
(Doc ID 2531490.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD trigger in the Forms Personalization on the Discrete Jobs form (WIPDJMDF) doesn't work as expected.
Expect the form personalization to work by showing the error message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Reponsibility: Work in Process.
2. Navigation: Work in Process->Discrete-> Discrete Jobs.
3. Query non-standard discrete job with assembly item with predefined serialized item.
4. Navigate to personalization form.
5. Personalize block serial_numbers for even When-validate-record with condition set 1=1.
6. Save the personalization and re-query the Discrete Job and click on the Serial Numbers
button to associate a serial number. Show custom events by following the navigation
7. Associate a serial number to the assembly, Click OK on the Note and Click Save.
8. Upon clicking Save WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD trigger fires as shown by the custom
events message. However the error message created as part of personalization doesn’t
show even though condition is always true as expected.
9. Transaction is saved without showing the error message. Form confirm the following message.
FFR-40400: ransaction complete:1 records applied and saved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document