Changing Gl Date Causing Incorrect Accounting Entries For a Reserved PO
(Doc ID 2536002.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Accounting related
In BWC, while trying to modify the PO amount and GL date which is in closed period, it creates incorrect accounting entries.
Upon trying to return to the PO and try to update and change the amount, the following error appears:
STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE
1. Create PO with 10$ amount
2. Reserve and approve. Encumbered amount is 10
3. click change amount and modify the amount to 15
4. Save the PO
5. Change the GL date.
6. But as based tables have ordered amount as 15.System is unreserving the document to 15
7. Encumbered amount is updated to -5
8. Submit the PO, PO is reserved for 15 again , but encumbered amount is updated to -5+15 = 10 which is wrong.
9. If we return to the PO and try to update and change the amount:|
Encountered Error: 'PO_INVALID_ENC_AMT'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document