New Subline Created In Service Contract After Quanity Split In Installed Base Has Incorrect Invoice Text
(Doc ID 2547343.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Contracts Billing/Termination
The Invoice Text on the new subline created in the Impacted Service Contract after a quantity split in Install
base is not correct. The Invoice Text on the original covered product subline has a 'Description' of the Service Item. However, on the new subline, the
Invoice Text has 'Name' of the Service Item.
Expect the Invoice text on new subline to be same as before the Quantity split in IB
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Installed Base (R)
2) Item Instances (N)
3) Split Quantity and assign Quantity for New Instance
4) Review new contract subline created for the Impacted Contract
5) The Invoice Text has Name instead of Description
6) Subline Invoice text before the split has description
7) Subline Invoice text for the new created subline has Name
Due to this issue, any split in quantity in Install base causes incorrect Invoice text for the
new Subline created in the Service Contract.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document