During Employee Upload HRMS Config Workbench Assigns Unrelated Information from a Contact Record with the Same Last Name
(Doc ID 2548487.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HCM Configuration Workbench - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user creates any employee with the same last name as an existing contact using the HRMS Configuration Workbench webadi update, it end_dates the existing unrelated contact (which has the same last name) and contact record and hijacks that contacts person_id.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: HRMS Configuration Workbench
2. Navigate: Configuration Workbench
3. Click Go to Task Under HRIS > Spreadsheet Loader Configuration
4. Click Go to Task next to Function, Data and Layout Configurator
5. Search User Function Prompt: EMPLOYEE DATA UPLOAD1 (this is just an example name)
6. Click Test next to the option EMPLOYEE DATA UPLOAD1
7. Click the checkbox for Launch Blank Spreadsheet
8. Enter Target Business Group as Vision Corporation
9. Click Launch Spreadsheet
10. Fill in the relevant details, Last Name just needs to be exactly the same as an existing CONTACT. The rest is arbitrary information.
11. In the spreadsheet Click Oracle > Upload
12. Record states it is uploaded correctly
13. One record gets create for the new employee(expected), One contact record gets updated and end-dated (un-expected), the new employee obtains the person_id of the existing contact record.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document