Amendment Description Not Visible In Sourcing
(Doc ID 2549944.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Sourcing, Release 12.2.7, the Amendment Description text does not appear when viewing the revised RFQ document.
It is expected that the Amendment Description field and text will appear when viewing a published amended negotiation.
This was working in Release 12.1.3, prior to upgrade to Release 12.2.7.
- In Release 12.1.3 the page could be personalized to show the Amendment Description field.
- However, in Release 12.2.7, the Amendment Description field can be personalized, but cannot be rendered to be displayed.
Due to this issue, Sourcing buyers are unable to see the reason why a sourcing negotiation has been amended. The field contains key free-form text utilized to provide the business need/justification.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in a Vision Demo environment:
1. Log in to Oracle Application, using a Sourcing Super User responsibility.
2. Create a new RFQ.
One line with quantity 1000
Add the suppliers from supplier list
3. Create an amendment for the RFQ and enter a value for Amendment Description field at the Header level.
Also change the line quantity from 1000 to 2000
4. Back on the Sourcing Home Page, in the Published Negotiations region, click the link for the amended RFQ
5. On the RFQ Amendment page, in the Header region the "Amendment Description" field is not displayed.
In Release 12.1.3 this field was able to be displayed via personalization.
6. At the top of the page, click the Gear icon and select "Personalize Page".
On the "Personalize Page: /oracle/apps/pon/negotiation/inquiry/webui/ponNegSumPG.NegotiationSummary" page:
a. Select Complete View and then Expand All.
b. Search the full page for "Amend"
The entry "Message Styled Text: Amendment Description" is there.
c. Click the link to Personalize
However, there is no "Rendered" property available. So it is not possible to display the amendment description.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document