Improper Error Message "E" Showing up in Documents Of Records For User Hook Validation
(Doc ID 2552048.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Observed that, In the Document of Records page, User Hook error messages are not displayed fully or in detail. It just displays the alphabet "E".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. After applying the Patch 23642014:R12.PER.B and Patch 26594213:R12.PER.B - UNABLE TO ADD DOR FOR EXISTING DOC. NUMBER WITH DIFFERENT DATE
2. Login using "Employee Self Service" Responsibility.
3. Navigate to function "Documents of Record".
4. In the launched page, click on "Create Document of Record" button.
5. In the launched page, key in the necessary details and then click on next.
6. Encounter the error "E"
7. However, it is expected to throw the Validation error message from User Hooks.
8. This issue occurs only when Approvals are enabled for Documents of Record. If Approvals are not enabled, the User hook error messages show up as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document