After Updating Contract Description - Unable to Search by Updated Details
(Doc ID 2556526.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Lease Authoring
As standard, the contract description is a searchable field via HTML Advanced Search. However, it seems making a change to that description (a click & save process via Lease Center) has 2 unexpected results:
1) it's not possible to find the contract using the new values added
2) even searching by the old values, the new values are not shown in the search results
In contrast, the updated description is shown on a user's HTML homepage, and when actually opening the contract in either HTML or Lease Center.
Expect search results to find the contract using the updated details and to also display the updated details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Book a contract with a Contract Description
2. Go into Advanced Search in HTML and search by some part of the Contract Description
3. Go into Lease Center and update the Contract Description
4. Go back into Advanced Search in HTML and search by the new / updated part of the Contract Description, unable to find contract by the new values
5. Go back into Advanced Search in HTML and search by the original part of the Contract Description, results are displayed, but not the new values
6. Open the contract in HTML and the description shows the updated values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document