R12: AP/IBY/XDO: Payments EFT SFTP Transmission Error with Internal Error to Payment Server: "Error in writing data Broken pipe (Write failed)"
(Doc ID 2572808.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.2 and later
Oracle Payments - Version 12.2 and later
BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transmission of a payment file errors with the following:
Internal Error to Payment Server: Error in writing data Broken pipe (Write failed)
An error occurred. Roll back any changes.
Done roll back changes.
Request completed in error.
Replication Steps from a Payables Responsibility
- Setup a Transmission Configuration using SFTP (setup -> payments -> payment administrator -> transmission configurations)
- Setup a Payment System and assign the transmission configuration created above (setup -> payments -> payment administrator -> Payment Systems)
- Setup a Payment Process Profile using the payment system and transmission configuration created above (setup -> payments -> payment administrator -> Payment Process Profiles)
- Create an invoice, validate, and approve (invoices -> entry -> invoices)
- Create a Payment Process Request to pay the invoice using the payment process profile created above (payments -> entry -> payment manager -> submit single payment process request)
- Review the log of the format step and verify the error above occured
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document