Printable PDF View Does Not Show the Formatting (Bold, Italics, Bulleted List, etc.) of Requirements Text For Negotiations
(Doc ID 2578094.1)
Last updated on APRIL 09, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Sourcing, Release 12.2.4 and higher, when creating a new negotiation, the formatting for requirements is not displayed properly in the PDF. This is for both the Supplier Printable View and Buyer Printable View.
This happens even when using just a one-word requirement and simple formatting (such as bold) added through the Rich Text Editor (no custom HTML). The Contract Terms formatting shows correctly.
The issue began to occur after upgrading from Release 12.1.3 to Release 12.2.x.
It is expected that the formatting options specified during text entry will be carried over to the printable view PDF files.
Due to this issue, users are not seeing the desired formatting such as bold, italics, underline, bulleted list, numbered list, paragraph indent, etc., when viewing the requirements via PDF format.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Sourcing Super User responsibility > Sourcing > Sourcing Home Page
2. On the Negotiations home page, in the Create region, click the RFQ link to create a new RFQ.
3. On the Create RFQ XXXXXX: Header page, enter Title and Description values, and Save as Draft.
4. Scroll down to the Requirements region and select Add Section.
5. On the "Header: Add Section (RFQ XXXXX)" page, enter the Section Name value and click the "Apply and Add Requirement" button.
6. On the Header: Add Requirement (RFQ XXXXXX) page, enter the fields and the text field is defaulted as Rich Text Mode.
- Requirement Name = test requirement
- Requirement Description = "This is the requirement text"
View HTML Source shows:
<b>This is the requirement text</b>
7. Click Apply
8. Go back to the RFQ Header page.
In the Requirements region, select "Expand All" to see all sections and requirements.
The requirement "This is the requirement text" is displayed in bold formatting.
9. Add a line and the controls.
10. Add Supplier A and Supplier B.
11. Save As Draft again. Then, click the Review button.
12. On Create RFQ XXXXXX: Review page, select Actions = Buyer Printable View and click the Go button.
Save the PDF as file "test_XXXXXX_BUYER_US.pdf".
13. Review the file --> "This is the requirement text" is displayed without the bold formatting specified in Step 6 above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document