MSCA Issue Ingredient Page Does Not Use Reservation As Expected
(Doc ID 2589052.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Process Execution - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.2 version, OPM Mobile
Problem when transacting reserved material in Issue Ingredient mobile page but letting Use Rsrv field default to N
Item primary UOM is kilograms. Use item in a batch in grams.
Reserve in kilograms, more than planned qty.
On Issue Ingredient, let Use Rsrv default to N.
After entering data that matches the reservation, the Use Rsrv field automatically changes to Y.
After transacting, however, the reservation has not been reduced by the transacted qty although onhand has been correctly reduced.
Expect reservation to be decreased.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Item is lot/locator controlled, primary UOM is kilogram
2. Create batch with this item as an ingredient, planned qty 44.7 grams
3. Create detailed reservation for 1 kilogram (note that in customer's scenario the material is packed in an LPN, but the problem occurs even without this in my testing).
4. On Issue Ingredient mobile page, let Use Rsrv default to N (note that form function parameter TXN_MODE for Function: GME_MOBILE_ISSUE_ING must be set to BOTH)
5. Enter subinventory, locator, lot, and quantity. While doing this, the Use Rsrv field automatically changes to Y when the system recognized that the entered data matches a reservation.
6. Transact the Issue Ingredient
7. Check the batch and reservation. The actual qty has been set to 1 gram, the onhand quantity has been decremented by 1 gram, but the reservation has not been decremented, it is still 1 kilogram, should have been updated to 0.999 kilograms
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, reservation is not updated, so more qty left reserved than should be.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document