MES For Discrete: Item With Lot Expiration As User Defined Goes To Error
(Doc ID 2592547.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Item has Lot expiration (Shelf life) defined as "User-defined", in the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Workbench, when user wants to complete a quantity and the lot # does NOT exist yet, the following error occurs when pushing "Finish " or "Lot details" buttons:
When the Lot does exist (i.e. was created via a WIP Completion transaction) then there is no problem.
When the Lot does not exist but the item has Shelf life as "Shelf life days" then there is no problem.
The issue is only occurs when:
- The item has "User-defined" shelf life
- The Lot number does not exist
- Completion transaction is done in the MES Workbench
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
In the MES Workbench:
1. Search the Job
2. Choose last operation and Select “Complete assembly”
3. Select the predefined LOTnumber and enter the quantity
4. Select the button "Lot Details“ or "Finish“
5. Get the error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document