When-Validate-Record Trigger Not Working On Block QM_TRIP In The Shipping Transaction Form
(Doc ID 2596558.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When-Validate-Record Trigger isn't working On Block QM_TRIP in the Shipping Transaction Form.
The following requirement is to perform the following task using form personalization:
1. Make field vehicle org code mandatory On Block QM_TRIP in the Shipping Transaction Form
2. If the entered vehicle org code is not same as per entered FROM TRIP NAME then it should throw an error.
Ability to make the vehicle org code value mandatory.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1.Using forms personalization the vehicle org code is made mandatory by setting the ITEM REQUIRED property = TRUE .
2. In block QM_TRIP, used 'When-Validate-Record' Trigger and passed the FROM TRIP NAME, vehicle org code to a Database function to evaluate if entered value is correct.
TRIGGERING EVENT: WHEN VALIDATE RECORD
TRIGGERING Object: QM_TRIP
Condition : xx_validate_org(:qm_trip.trip_name_lo,:qm_trip.trip_vehicle_organization_code) = 'Y'
Tried checking events and noticed that WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE trigger is getting fired for block TRIP when pressing the Find Button. So moved the validation code to this block trigger. I t is working, however, the following two problems were observed:
1. It is getting fired twice. Had to press OK two times and then control moves to the next screen.
Fix: It is fixed when code moved to WHEN NEW ITEM INSTANCE TRIP.NAME object.
2. Not moving cursor back to Vehicle Org code field although code is written using the BUILT-IN in Action tab.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document