OEXPRAVA - Pricing And Availability Form Is Showing Incorrect Pricing For Subscription/service Items
(Doc ID 2596796.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Forum: QP: Pricing and availability form is showing incorrect pricing for subscription/service items
1. We are selling intangible subscriptions primarily through order management. We have multi year subscription items selling to our customers. Ex subscription item : xxxx1 (this is not a real item number, only for example). This is a 3 year subscription item with an yearly subscription template attached. Subscription template frequency can be defined Yearly (1 year)/monthly, weekly and daily only.There is no 3 years subscription template.
The pricing is setup for these items is setup as price for one year. When these are sold from order management, based on the service duration and service period (ex: 3 years duration) the subscription is getting priced correctly and the Sales order pricing is correct.
But when these multiyear subscription items are inquired in pricing and availability form, the price is coming incorrect and It is showing only one year price.
Our observation is, Pricing and availability form does not have time dimension, and is not considering/ have an option for service duration (in this case 3 years) to price these items correctly.
2. Pricing and availability form is not showing prorated pricing for subscription items.
The form does not have service duration, period and/or service start, end dates for pricing inquiry of the subscription item for add-on and upgrades based on service start, end dates and/or service period, service duration.
We are having add on subscriptions/ upgrades that are usually purchased by our customers during middle of a contract and these add on/upgrades co-terminate with the original contract and will usually have less duration than the original subscription (ex: if the original subscription is for an year, the add on subscription may be added at the middle of the contract for 225 days).
In Pricing and availability form, our customer service team are unable to prorate or inquire/price the subscription items based on the service start, end dates and/or service period, service duration.
Expect form to prorate for subscription/service items.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a service item with parameters listed in example above
2. Navigate to Pricing and Availability form >
3. Customer service team are unable to prorate or inquire/price the subscription items based on the service start, end dates and/or service period, service duration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document