Batch Product Transactions Using Standard Conversion Even Though Lot Specific Conv Exists When Item Used in its Secondary UOM and Pending Product Lot Was Used
(Doc ID 2597237.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Process Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Batches
Batch WIP Completion transactions use item level UOM conversion instead of lot level conversion when:
1. Item is dual UOM controlled and used in its secondary UOM
2. A Pending Product Lot record is created, and this is pulled in to Material Transactions as the basis of the transaction
Expect lot level conversion to be used
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create dual UOM item with units in different UOM classes (tested with Fixed defaulting)
2. Create item level interclass conversion between primary and secondary
3. Create a lot record for this item on Item Lots form
4. Create a lot level UOM conversion between primary and secondary that is different from item level conversion
5. Create a batch with this item as the product, and the UOM on the batch line as the secondary UOM, and the Yield Type as Manual (supply subinventory and locator defaulted or were entered in testing)
6. Create a Pending Product Lot record. The lot level conversion is correctly used to calculate the primary qty
7. Release the batch
8. Go to Material Transactions to transact the product. The Pending Product Lot is pulled in, but the calculated primary qty is based on the item level conversion instead of the lot conversion, and gets transacted this way.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, onhand inventory primary quantity is updated incorrectly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document