Journal Approval: Workflow Errors GL_AME_JE_WF_PKG.Process_Beat_By_First WFENG_RESOURCE_BUSY
(Doc ID 2601701.1)
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Journal Approval errors instead of normal completion.
SEQUENCE OF STEPS:
1. The initiator sent the journal for approval
2. The three approvers received each an approval notification
3. One of the approvers actioned (approved) the notification
4. Once actioned, the journal status changed to Approved
5. On the GL_WF_ACTION_HISTORY table the action code is updated to “APPROVE” for the approver that actioned the notification. The notifications for the other approvers are still active(Workflow STATUS = Active)
6. The Workflow attached to the approver who actioned the notification then ended in error
7. A second approver actions the notification as it is still active. Once actioned the action code on GL_WF_ACTION_HISTORY is updated to “APPROVE” for the second approver. This then means that the action code on GL_WF_ACTION_HISTORY table shows that both approvers have actioned the journal.
8. For the remaining approver, the action code on GL_WF_ACTION_HISTORY table is updated to “NO ACTION” and the approval notification is closed (cancelled).
Error Name = WFENG_RESOURCE_BUSY
Error Message = Wf_Notification.CancelGroup(..) Wf_Notification.Cancel(..) GL_AME_JE_WF_PKG.Process_Beat_By_First(Process_Beat_By_First: 005, ORA-20002: 3150: Process 'GLBATCH/NUMBER' is being worked upon. Please retry the current request on the process later.) Wf_Engine_Util.Function_Call(GL_AME_JE_WF_PKG.Process_Beat_By_First, GLBATCH, NUMBER, 33996, RUN)
Relevant patches already applied:
Patch 26760757 - AME doesn't display 'UserKey' and 'Owner' for subprocess
Patch 26043688 - AME doesn't clear delegated notification when first responder wins
Patch 18426269 - Journal notification is not showing From user when time out
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document