Unexpected Error When Processing a Partial Termination in Evergreen with Service Linked Assets
(Doc ID 2604073.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to perform a partial termination on a contract in an Evergreen status,
the following error occurs in the Termination Transaction Messages:
Program Error: An unexpected error was encountered. Error code - &ERROR_CODE Error message - &ERROR_MESSAGE Action: Contact your system administrator. (SQLCODE=-1) (SQLERRM=ORA-00001: unique constraint (OKL.OKL_STM_U3) violated) 03-Oct-2019
Reverse evergreen payments failed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Book a contract with:
a. Evergreen Eligible
b. Multiple Assets
c. Multiple Service lines associated to all Assets.
d. Service Payments applied to the Assets.
e. End Date a couple months in the past so that an Evergreen status
and a couple periods of Evergreen billing are possible.
2. Book, bill and accrue the contract for the full base term.
3. Run Terminate Expired Contracts to get the contract into Evergreen status.
4. Run Evergreen Billing and generate Invoices for a couple periods of Evergreen.
5. Create and process a Partial Termination for one of the Assets, using a date that
is after the contract end date, but before the Evergreen billings so that an
attempt will be made to reverse the Evergreen payments.
6. When running Terminate Expired Contracts to process the termination, the termination
will error and the messages will be found in the Termination Transaction.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot process these terminations.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document