Security Rules Not Functioning For Purchasing Category
(Doc ID 260562.1)
Last updated on MAY 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 126.96.36.199 to 12.1 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to restrict buyers to raise Purchase order for some specific predefined expense items only .
Steps To Reproduce
1. Category flex field structure has two segments.
2. Enable the checkbox 'Enable security' on the both the flex field segments.
3. The value set for the first segment is an Independent one and the values are properly defined.
4. The value set for the second segment is a dependent one and is dependent on the first Value set.
5. Define Security Rules for the categories by first individually including all the category segments and then excluding the category segments except one combination of segment 1 and segment 2.
6. Finally only one category segment combination is allowed.
7. Recompile the Category Flex field combination.
8. Assign the security rule to one Purchasing Responsibility.
When a Buyer attached to that responsibility creates a PO for an one time expense item with any excluded category segment combination the system throws an error and does not allow to proceed.
When the Buyer creates a PO for an Item which is assigned to a category segment combination excluded in the security rule it does not give any validation errors and the PO can be saved easily.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!