Equal Amount Billing Creates Incorrect Amounts In Billing Schedule When There Are Multiple Sublines
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5 to 12.1 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
Service Contracts Authoring form, OKSAUDET
Checked for relevance on 15-Oct-2007
The Amount that is displayed at the Stream Level is not always the same as the individual amounts in the billing schedule when the level is set to 'Equal Amount'.
Using the Level of 'Equal Amount' when creating a Billing Schedule causes unexpected results when a user specifies an amount to be allocated to each period in the billing schedule.
'Equal Amount' and 'Covered Level' do not handle equal distribution of user entered Amounts in the same manner.
Note: This problem generally occurs when there are multiple sublines for a contract line.
This is best illustrated with an example.
1. Create a Service Line with 2 sublines.
2. Price sublines 1.1 and 1.2 at $100 for a year.
3. Press the Billing button and set the Level to 'Equal Amount'.
4. Press the Schedule button. The Amount in the Billing Stream is $16.67, but the amount for the first 11 lines in the Billing Schedule is $16.68.
5. Change the Level to 'Covered Level' and then press the Schedule button. The amounts at stream and schedule levels are set to $16.67.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms